Saturday, 16 February 2013

Photos from February so far......

Unfortunately, depression began to rear its ugly head at the end of January, but the last couple of weeks have been pretty rad all the same. 

On the 2nd of February I turned 30 years old! A few years ago, I would have told you that I was terrified of turning 30, but last year I lost a couple of people I really cared about so now I just feel really lucky.

My husband bought me a little point and shoot digital camera for my birthday, so here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks......


We went out for breakfast on my birthday to a lovely vegetarian cafe down the lanes.


A very tired looking husband!


I always leave lipstick stained cups in my wake.


Yummy breakfast!


It was surprisingly quiet down the lanes first thing in the morning.


I have found a new love for my naturally wavy hair. I still wear it straight most of the time, but finding a routine and products that make the best of it means that I have another option.


I know this is a really dodgy photo, but I like it for some reason......probably because you get a feel for how huge my false lashes were.


Pink eyes and lavender lips.


As well as embracing my wavy hair, I've also been toying with more natural looking make-up recently too. 





I had a go at organising the absolute chaos of my crafty corner. The record bowls we made for our wedding reception have definitely come in handy for storing little nick-nacks.


I have been lusting after this Primark throw for weeks so I treated myself to it with my birthday money. I think it's going to look gorgeous in the bedroom!


My current pile of books to read. I made a promise to myself that I would read a lot more in 2013 and I've been doing pretty good so far.


We paid a visit to the Brighton maker's fair on my birthday and I'm so glad we did! As soon as I saw the Daria brooch and Feminist necklace, I knew they had to be mine. I think I'll transfer the feminist pendant to a longer chain but OMG so cool!


These mittens are so cute and they feel so luxurious. Unbelievably, they cost a measly £2.50! I was amazed because the shop I bought them from is usually really expensive. I love a good bargain!


So there you have it! What have you been up to over the last few weeks?

7 comments:

  1. Love your photos. 30s are not so bad :) look forward to more posts and pics from you :) hope we can meet up next time you are in Sheffield for a fun girly day! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hon! Yes, definitely! Can't wait to meet you! xx

      Delete
  2. Awww love your new blog! Your hair is so a beautiful colour really love it! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you, Katy! I love it too :D You should check out your local Primark for the bedspread as mine still have it in stock :)

      Delete
  3. P.Sso want that bedspread! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with your hair it's amazing! Happy belated bday :) the daria brooch is amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you! My eyes lit up when I saw the brooch! She had Daria necklaces too so I might pick one up at some point.

      Delete